Relic wars and mermans flag.

Let us know what you think about the latest updates/patches in these threads
Flaf

Relic wars and mermans flag.

Postby Flaf » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:06 am

What happened to the war on the relics? Why did you remove the wars of relics? It was beautiful, these struggles for relics and this conception that everyone in the faction who had a relic got each of the faction bonus for this relic. I would like to see again in the game of relics and to return to mermans flag, an event where the castle attacked sharks, toads killed gives the super rewards such as iron ingots, HQ oil, mithril ore, coins.
0 x
ShadyHashtag

Re: Relic wars and mermans flag.

Postby ShadyHashtag » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:07 am

There is a search option you can type Relic war into and you will get the answer.

Here is the post about why it was removed - Click Me

As for the merman invasions it can get found in this post - Click Me
0 x
Flaf

Postby Flaf » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 am

ShadyHashtag wrote:There is a search option you can type Relic war into and you will get the answer.

Well there will be this in the game, there are reasons but why cheat players that in the game is not there? On gameplay you can see that this is in the game, it is deliberate misleading buyers.
0 x
ShadyHashtag

Postby ShadyHashtag » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:20 am

Flaf wrote:
ShadyHashtag wrote:There is a search option you can type Relic war into and you will get the answer.

Well there will be this in the game, there are reasons but why cheat players that in the game is not there? On gameplay you can see that this is in the game, it is deliberate misleading buyers.

It will "eventually" be added into the game. On gameplay it shows a version which is not accessible to the players. As there happen to be issues with pushing the treasures in caves, the relic wars, invasions, etc. to the live realms. Just look how long it took for a "fix" to the stamina glitch took? The things you see in gameplay will probably be months before they enter the game.
0 x
[CM]Naso

Postby [CM]Naso » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:40 am

This was in the game, and will be added again in the future, in different forms. That's about as much as I can tell you about it. ;)
1 x
[CM]Naso
Tree of Life - Game Service Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
Aset

Postby Aset » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:26 am

ShadyHashtag wrote:
Flaf wrote:

It will "eventually" be added into the game. On gameplay it shows a version which is not accessible to the players. As there happen to be issues with pushing the treasures in caves, the relic wars, invasions, etc. to the live realms. Just look how long it took for a "fix" to the stamina glitch took? The things you see in gameplay will probably be months before they enter the game.

The awesome thing about the stamina "fix" was that they just reverted to the code from when the new client launched at the end of beta. That was replaced shortly after with what the game launched with because people complained loudly that combat was to hard when mobs moved faster than you and you crawled while in combat mode.

What I'd like to know is instead of quoting things from back in the beta from february, where do they stand on these things now? What can people expect in the short term. Last week there where 700 average people playing a day, a month ago that number was over 1000, and when it launched over 2000. Today it was 600.

The game is going to continue sieving players if Oddone can't communicate and put content out. I put them in order of importance. Oddone needs to perform updates more than twice a year as they have in the past. They need to update in two month increments with things that matter. Just putting in visuals (skins) isn't content, those are future revenue streams (which I totally get and can't fault them). They need to put something in that gives people something to do.
0 x
Aset

Postby Aset » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:54 am

As far as things go, I'd assume they removed both because they turned into clusterflocks.

I think the relic wars major misfunction was more a product of being able to flip flop between factions than anything. I think it would probably be the easier of the two to re-implements, though as it was I didn't really favor the implementation.

And as far as the invasions, they where buggy. Some bases had invasions all the time, others never (me). It seemed if your base was too close to another they didn't generate an invasion or there where tons of other things. I think the problem was that players could put bases where ever they wanted to and the script that directed how the invasions worked didn't work for many cases. It was just to complex of a system with to many variables.

I'd suggest the following for each:

Relic wars:
Change it to 3 relics. Item, Attack, and Defense. Item relic would increase drop rates for players of that faction by 20%. Attack and Defense relics would increase Attack/Defense by 100. (numbers and benifits are just S/WAGS)

Make the relics spawn at "random" spots on the map. By random I mean a possible predetermined spot chosen from a few dozen. Each should spawn in 1/3rd of the map, but in those random positions.

Relics should last for about 3 days before resetting. But after a guild successfully brings a relic back to base it should be invulnerable for about a day. After that day, the relics would be vulnerable to capture by other factions. No further invulnerability would be had after the initial one.

Relics should be on a 3.5 day reset timer. This means that the time of day and the day they reset constantly changes. This way more than a few time zones can participate. But since relics are not permanently invulnerable, having rolling defenses around the clock would be more important.

Invasions:

Pretty sure the reason invasions are not in is because of the randomness of base placement and Oddone's inability to foresee this.

To fix this, they should make one or two of the underutilized zones in the game into "invasion" zones.

Instead of them invading our bases, make it so they give us a note (like before), but instead of attacking our base we would have the option to pay tribute or defend a proxy base.

If you chose to defend, it would spawn a temporary base in that invasion zone with wood walls and a few r2 towers. Your guild would be given a few hours to upgrade the base. Not sure how upgrade-able, but I think adding a few additional towers and wall upgrades would be warranted/valid. Maybe there would be a number of pre-fabbed wall segments and towers based on the rank of the guilds warden tree.

So it would be a battle to destroy the waves of invaders before they destroyed your Proxy bases tree.

This way the random buggy invasions would be replaced with something controlled, as well as giving some use to zones that just are ignored. As well as getting some people outside the starting area.

-Aset
0 x
FlamingChipmunk

Postby FlamingChipmunk » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:05 am

Aset. I <3 you and always enjoy reading your comments. But, STOP WITH THE HERESY BELOW!!! Relics do not need to be brought back. Honestly, this was one of the worst, over powered things ever introduced to this game. The only positive thing was the Crafting and XP relic. I think introducing something into cooking that could be utilized by players, with a time limit and a cooldown period is a better idea. Attack and Defense relics made base invasion almost impossible. I am going to have a seizure just thinking about this.

Aset wrote: Change it to 3 relics. Item, Attack, and Defense. Item relic would increase drop rates for players of that faction by 20%. Attack and Defense relics would increase Attack/Defense by 100. (numbers and benifits are just S/WAGS)

Make the relics spawn at "random" spots on the map. By random I mean a possible predetermined spot chosen from a few dozen. Each should spawn in 1/3rd of the map, but in those random positions.

Relics should last for about 3 days before resetting. But after a guild successfully brings a relic back to base it should be invulnerable for about a day. After that day, the relics would be vulnerable to capture by other factions. No further invulnerability would be had after the initial one.

Relics should be on a 3.5 day reset timer. This means that the time of day and the day they reset constantly changes. This way more than a few time zones can participate. But since relics are not permanently invulnerable, having rolling defenses around the clock would be more important.

I never had a problem with flags and them not spawning. But, I did have friends who had issues. I would, personally, love to see Mob Flags return. It would give guilds something else to do other than collecting resources from high level mobs, in groups. I think with the emphasis that the developers have placed on guild, Faction and group play in this version of the game.....Something like Mob Flags is seriously missing. With the introduction of the Warden Tree, I think that the issue of flags not being created because of base proximity would be corrected. I want to defend something that I have built. Not some run of the mill, same ol' same ol' Proxy base.

Aset wrote:
Invasions:

Pretty sure the reason invasions are not in is because of the randomness of base placement and Oddone's inability to foresee this.

To fix this, they should make one or two of the underutilized zones in the game into "invasion" zones.

Instead of them invading our bases, make it so they give us a note (like before), but instead of attacking our base we would have the option to pay tribute or defend a proxy base.

If you chose to defend, it would spawn a temporary base in that invasion zone with wood walls and a few r2 towers. Your guild would be given a few hours to upgrade the base. Not sure how upgrade-able, but I think adding a few additional towers and wall upgrades would be warranted/valid. Maybe there would be a number of pre-fabbed wall segments and towers based on the rank of the guilds warden tree.

So it would be a battle to destroy the waves of invaders before they destroyed your Proxy bases tree.

This way the random buggy invasions would be replaced with something controlled, as well as giving some use to zones that just are ignored. As well as getting some people outside the starting area.

-Aset

Hope your game is going well.

XOXO,

Chip
0 x
Aset

Postby Aset » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:15 pm

FlamingChipmunk wrote:Aset. I <3 you and always enjoy reading your comments. But, STOP WITH THE HERESY BELOW!!! Relics do not need to be brought back. Honestly, this was one of the worst, over powered things ever introduced to this game. The only positive thing was the Crafting and XP relic. I think introducing something into cooking that could be utilized by players, with a time limit and a cooldown period is a better idea. Attack and Defense relics made base invasion almost impossible. I am going to have a seizure just thinking about this.

Aset wrote: Change it to 3 relics. Item, Attack, and Defense. Item relic would increase drop rates for players of that faction by 20%. Attack and Defense relics would increase Attack/Defense by 100. (numbers and benefits are just S/WAGS)

I disagree partially. The whole prior relic system was a horribly thought out exploited beast. But the premise was solid. People in TOL need something to do, why not give them something to fight over.

I'll give you that the prior values and what I proposed are severely out of wack (which is why I put the WAG.. Wild fire in the hole Guess disclaimer). But I don't think scrapping it entirely helps the game. Having something to fight for weekly, if not daily is something the factions can do. Creating a relic that not only gives something but isn't too over powered is the key. And I still think the biggest failing of the previous relic system wasn't the intent, it was the execution. Being able to change factions easily was the biggest problem, a distant second was the buffs being a bit to plentiful and strong. Which is why I chose the 3 buffs I did, as they would be easily adjusted and really are not that strong.

If they could put the relic system back in, they may be able to expand it. The Points gained at the relic fights never where useful as anything other than bragging rights, if that. Putting in a faction shop for things like Plantable flags, or decorations for the base or arrow towers and such.. I imagine things like, tapestries inside the bases, flags on top arrow towers, and other things, all that could be bought with the faction points from a faction shop.

One thing I've always thought about is more of an activated buff rather than just a faction one. What if people needed to visit the relic in order for it to grant a buff? I also thought it could be like a shrine in a game, granting something daily to guilds (mithril, coin, other high end items), though probably restricted to guild leaders over a certain tree level.

I would also foresee if they implemented this that the noob zones would not be allowed to have a relic, if you brought the relic to a noob zone it would reset. Which might actually be a pretty good method implemented when another faction steals the relic and needs to travel great distances.

So if the buffs provided where the sole reason you feel the relic system shouldn't be implemented, what buffs would be? The faction imbalance might still be a problem, which would be compounded by shrinking player numbers. But I believe if we give people many things to do, that are both interactive and fun, they'll come back to the game.
0 x
Aset

Postby Aset » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:37 pm

FlamingChipmunk wrote:
I never had a problem with flags and them not spawning. But, I did have friends who had issues. I would, personally, love to see Mob Flags return. It would give guilds something else to do other than collecting resources from high level mobs, in groups. I think with the emphasis that the developers have placed on guild, Faction and group play in this version of the game.....Something like Mob Flags is seriously missing. With the introduction of the Warden Tree, I think that the issue of flags not being created because of base proximity would be corrected. I want to defend something that I have built. Not some run of the mill, same ol' same ol' Proxy base.

XOXO,

Chip

Totally agree with defending your own base would be best. But the reality is I don't think they'll be able to do that. Everyone's "base compounds" breaks the system hard. It just won't happen. And if it does, you'll most likely have the problems of before. Mainly invasions ignore other players bases entirely, they run through walls, don't get shot at from towers, etc. So if you had an invasion as an inner base in one of the base clumps around the map, the invaders would sit under walls unable to be attacked while your base fell.

Not to mention the invasions prior to this where at a time where you could have dozens of arrow towers with 800 arrows, as well as cheap traps and multiple layers of walls. They'd have to tune down the invasions, which would make them easier and most likely less fun.

Proxy bases was the only thing I could come up with that would fix it. Though I don't like the idea of a complete pre-fabbed base. But the ability to set up your own with pre-fabbed components that are also able to be upgraded. Also allow you to free build without anything going makeshift. You'd really only need to probably protect from 1-2 directions so you could build appropriately. So say a rank 5 base starts with 5 tower slots (r3 arrow or r2 cannon) and 50 wall segments (stone), and 5 bombs. You have to protect the warden tree or whatever. It's up to the guild to build out the base, do they encircle the tree? Or is it more important to block the towers? Do you upgrade the towers? The walls? Ignore it because you have enough people?

I think it could be a fun guild outing. And since each guild can pick their own fight time you have freedom. Now at the same time people could be watching for when others are doing an invasion and steal the chests at the end, so it could also turn into emergent PvP as well. I think rewards similar to the old system as well as including the newer crafting components and silk.

Maybe set up some of the build rules like:

25 wall segments + 5 per level. (level 1 tree =30, 2=35, 3=40, etc)

Tree Rank Wall Type Tower Level
1-2 Low Wood 1 (wood arrows)
3-4 High Wood 2 (copper arrows)
5-6 Stone 3 (iron arrows)
7-8 Block 4 (mithril arrows)
9+ Castle 5 (rare mithril arrows)

Towers and Bombs are equal to the Tree Level of the guild.

Each invasion the base would need to be rebuilt, towers would have unlimited arrows of their type, though players could replace them with their own, but the pre-stocked arrows would not be removable.

Also 20 minutes after the invasion ends, all components of the base left will despawn. This is to protect against other factions trying to raid after the spoils are collected. Towers and bombs would react to enemy faction members as normal.

-Aset
0 x

Return to “Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback”