Discussion Thread: Skin Update

Discussions about everything related to Tree of Life
[CM]Cerus

Discussion Thread: Skin Update

Postby [CM]Cerus » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:48 pm

Dear Adventurers,

here you can leave us your opinions and Feedback regarding the latest Update, which you can find HERE.

We are considering every Feedback.

Many Thanks,
Your Tree Of Life Team.
0 x
[CM]Cerus
Tree of Life - Game Service Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
Malinko

Re: Discussion Thread: Skin Update

Postby Malinko » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:56 pm

Since no one else is going that extra mile to post feedback please allow me to.

I assume people don't give you feedback because you ignore the majority of player base from what I read.

There are some simple things you can do to 1. Fix lag and 2. Create a more enjoyable experience for people which would take little code.

1. Your market system is a system hog the way it is setup
a. When you search an item your entire database of listed items is search for a matching string
Fix: You need categories, and sub menus of every item in the game for easy browsing and limited database impact
Instead of searching "Copper" and you get everything that has the name Copper in its name queried and displayed,
you get about 500 people doing a search and you have instant crash or lag introduced into your game. If you have a
category "Materials" and a sub category "Raw" and under it "Copper" you fix the issue.

2. Player chat system, I'm playing on American server, I like myself don't mind other people playing from other countries, but for the love of God almighty, we need a filter system, Chinese speaking players need to have their own channel, or a way to ignore players because most the time the chat system is flooded with Chinese letters and new players cannot get help because of how fast it is being flooded with people in other countries talking.

3. Durability system, You craft nice britches, a ragged shirt and you fall in love with the game, but wait, 5 mins later your naked again because some pig sneezed on it or a chicken rubbed against it. The love is now gone. Bye bye shirt I spent time gathering materials for and processing and enjoying my new gear.

4. The items you harvest! I need a way to see the items on the ground I need to pick up, Or I need an auto loot feature.

5. The awkward, click, hover and select wheel has to go. It takes to long and it is annoying aside of first selecting a hotkey 1-6 then doing the annoying process.
0 x
ShadyHashtag

Postby ShadyHashtag » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:58 am

Malinko wrote:Since no one else is going that extra mile to post feedback please allow me to.

I assume people don't give you feedback because you ignore the majority of player base from what I read.

There are some simple things you can do to 1. Fix lag and 2. Create a more enjoyable experience for people which would take little code.

1. Your market system is a system hog the way it is setup
a. When you search an item your entire database of listed items is search for a matching string
Fix: You need categories, and sub menus of every item in the game for easy browsing and limited database impact
Instead of searching "Copper" and you get everything that has the name Copper in its name queried and displayed,
you get about 500 people doing a search and you have instant crash or lag introduced into your game. If you have a
category "Materials" and a sub category "Raw" and under it "Copper" you fix the issue.

2. Player chat system, I'm playing on American server, I like myself don't mind other people playing from other countries, but for the love of God almighty, we need a filter system, Chinese speaking players need to have their own channel, or a way to ignore players because most the time the chat system is flooded with Chinese letters and new players cannot get help because of how fast it is being flooded with people in other countries talking.

3. Durability system, You craft nice britches, a ragged shirt and you fall in love with the game, but wait, 5 mins later your naked again because some pig sneezed on it or a chicken rubbed against it. The love is now gone. Bye bye shirt I spent time gathering materials for and processing and enjoying my new gear.

4. The items you harvest! I need a way to see the items on the ground I need to pick up, Or I need an auto loot feature.

5. The awkward, click, hover and select wheel has to go. It takes to long and it is annoying aside of first selecting a hotkey 1-6 then doing the annoying process.

Not really feedback on the current update but okay lol. You are better off going and making a post Here

Feedback on the Skin Update-

1. You should list each skin that currently is available in the guild in your post so people know what there is. Just don't list where it drops at.

2. I've farmed all day today and got roughly 15 bundles and hour. I have gathered a little over 150 bundles today. I enjoyed how some of the mobs dropped 2 at a time made it worth the farm.

3. About the skin system in general. I've crafted two item's thus far and enjoy that it is not a sellable/tradable item and has no durability so you can wear it as long as you want without the possibility of it dropping when you die. By adding the skin system you have revitalized some of the grinding aspects of the game. Now I have something to aim towards during my free time.

4. Make is so we can hide our backpacks / bum bags / cloaks. Because it doesn't do justice for the shark outfit :( To even enjoy the shark outfit I have to take my bum bags/cloak/backpack off.

5. As a final note, I would like to see a skin set for each mastery implemented. For example, Logging would be able to get an Ent skin or a logging style skin from higher end trees like goblin / ebony. Fishing would get fish specific skins for example a Turtle Skin from the Sea Turtles we get. If you do go this route I highly suggest making the fishing one not require the same amount as fishing is already RNG as the game gets even with bait. So if a skin is created just for fishing the fish should drop 1-3 at random but 100% of the time. Because if it doesn't have a 100% chance to get the skin would take 5 months or longer to get and people would eventually get fed up with it and quit due to frustration.
0 x
Malinko

Postby Malinko » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:36 am

ShadyHashtag wrote:
Malinko wrote:
Not really feedback on the current update but okay lol. You are better off going and making a post Here

Whoops my bad, I just joined the game this week, so I thought giving my 2cp on what I thought about the update and what its missing instead of artwork would work. I'm giving it a chance before posting my game review story on a few websites.
0 x
[CM]Naso

Postby [CM]Naso » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Malinko, welcome to the forum, and let me be more precise on correcting something you said - we try to listen to everyone's opinions and feedback, but what players frequently forget is that we can't give them everything they ask for, nor can we simply flip a switch and get all the changes they propose implemented. It's a process, and although many players keep on insisting in the same points, we barely ever see people saying "yey, they implemented my idea - THANKS!", which, unfortunately, gives it quite a biased sample for others to watch.

That's why it is important for you - and for everyone else - to give feedback on updates such as the skin's. We know some players wanted this, but we often can't find out if they're a minority of a majority - it's not like most players share their feedback on a daily basis. So, please keep that feedback coming, and I'll ask CM_Cerus to give a look to it early next week.
0 x
[CM]Naso
Tree of Life - Game Service Team

ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Discussion”