Sugar coated review of testing in ToL's final beta, so far:

Let us know what you think about the latest updates/patches in these threads
MotherIsland

Postby MotherIsland » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:46 pm

Wood and mineral drops from gathering are still not based on gathering-skill levels ...why ?
This has been an issue since early alpha and has still not been adjusted even after many broken promises to do so by OddOne over the past two years now...

Base walls still do not prevent other-players from entering your base until the fourth & fifth tier walls ...why ?
Not many new players tolerate this well, it's a known issue that deters new players from continuing to play the game.

Stamina (a combat stat) is still set at a default 250 for all players, and it cannot be raised ...why ?
This is an open PvP game where folks cannot adjust their combat stats, yeah that will go well when the game is finally released.
Does OddOne and NeoBrick just not realize the impact that Steam-player's published reviews of this game will have ?

There is still no guild rank level for arrow tower and ballista access ...why ?
A major deterrent to larger guilds in this game is this particular issue.
In the past all ranks in the guild had access to towers and ballista which caused a lot of grief to large guilds in warfare. (This limits who I (and many others) will allow into their guilds)
Before most thoughtful folks will start accepting guild apps from people that they do not personally know, they would first like to know if OddOne has assigned a guild-rank with access to arrow towers and ballista yet.
...From my testing so far, it looks as though OddOne still hasn't done this yet.

Over all I am content to still play the game, but I've been in love with this game since it's initial release and have played 1,000's of hours in it already.
Meaning: in my opinion the game will fail on the market with these still broken features in it.
It just will not become a popular(profitable) game. :oops:
0 x
MotherIsland

Re: Sugar coated review of testing in ToL's final beta, so far:

Postby MotherIsland » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:06 am

Not so sugar coated this time !

Today, about an hour ago I was traveling across two dangerous zones of the map to tame three sheep and bring them back to the base.
On my way there I saw a base which had one of it's new watch-towers set outside of it's territory... seeing that I could not even add arrows to the two watch-towers that I built earlier in our base, I decided to attack that tower outside this base that I just came across traveling.
I attacked it about 7 or 8 times, and it didn't shoot even one arrow at me, nothing...
So, I went my marry way to tame those three sheep, and I brought them back to our base.

After that, I immediately went even further on the map this time across several even more dangerous zones to tame three pigs to bring them back to base too.
But, when I returned to base with the pigs, the three sheep had disappeared from inside my base.

Fine, so I went to get three more sheep, tamed them, brought them back to base and thankfully the pigs were still inside the base this time.
Then, this time I went inside my own map zone to tame three chickens which took less than four minutes.
When I returned with the chickens, the three pigs and the three sheep were all gone from inside my base. They just disappeared, no trace !

I do not understand for the life of me why no change notes for this new final beta were given to us game testers, especially when the test only runs for less than a week before final release.
That just had to involve some serious derelict decision making there.

I've totally had enough of this, the only reason that my family and their friends, and the few close friend's that I made in this game, the ONLY reason that we all still played this game, is or was because I like playing it so much. But, I just don't like playing it anymore, sorry.
...When released day comes, so will our brutally honest reviews of this game on Steam
(on the same day) :oops:
0 x

Return to “Ideas, Suggestions & Feedback”