Discussion: Event-Rules

Temporary Event Category
MadeOutOfBacon

Discussion: Event-Rules

Postby MadeOutOfBacon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:17 am

Hi can I get 3 gold for "Fairplay" compensation please.

Time between Question 11 and his Answer is:

1 day, 16 hours, 42 minutes and 0 seconds
(40 hours, 42 mins, and - seconds)

Time between Question 12, and his Answer is:

1 day, 22 hours, 37 minutes and 0 seconds
(46 hours, 37 mins, and - seconds)
0 x
MadeOutOfBacon

Re: Question 12

Postby MadeOutOfBacon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:21 am

Rules:
The participant will be chosen randomly
The chosen adventurer will increase his/her prize with every question that is answered correctly.
There are 15 questions in total. The difficulty will increase gradually. Questions will be shown in English but can be translated uppon request.
If the adventurer fails to answer a question correctly, the prize will be reduced to the prize of the last checkpoint.
The checkpoints are on the 2 Silver - mark and the 1 gold - mark.
The chosen adventurer is allowed to have his guild/allys help him. Everyone is allowed to post and help or mislead the chosen adventurer but only the answer of the chosen player will count. As soon as the chosen adventurer posts the reply, it is final and cannot be changed anymore.
The adventurer has a time limit of 24 hours to reply after the question is posted. If he/she fails to reply within 24 hours, the time will run up and the question will count as "not correctly answered".
The chosen adventurer has 2 Jokers he/she can use.
- 50/50 Joker: A CM removes 2 wrong answers
- Skip Joker: The question will be exchanged by another question, it might be easier or more difficult though.
Once the event is over, the GM will hand over the prize to the chosen adventurer
If the adventurer manages to reach the 1 Gold mark, a picture of the adventurer will be published on our Social Media channels.

Rules change during the middle of the Event?
0 x
HisPiu

Postby HisPiu » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:19 am

MadeOutOfBacon wrote:Hi can I get 3 gold for "Fairplay" compensation please.

Time between Question 11 and his Answer is:

1 day, 16 hours, 42 minutes and 0 seconds
(40 hours, 42 mins, and - seconds)

Time between Question 12, and his Answer is:

1 day, 22 hours, 37 minutes and 0 seconds
(46 hours, 37 mins, and - seconds)

3 gold? lol we don't even have 3 gold?

They changed the time to 36 hours and then 48 hours as questions got harder
0 x
MadeOutOfBacon

Postby MadeOutOfBacon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:40 am

Yea, Fairplay compensation.

Changing Rules midway through?
0 x
ShadyHashtag

Postby ShadyHashtag » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:16 am

This event has been the topic of a number of arguments. Some of which was if they wanted to do a knock off of who wants to be a millionaire they should have done it in discord and had things happen in one to two days with breaks. The event gave too much time and thus it was no longer just one person answering but their whole guild / friends. So it took away the sense of testing someones knowledge. The likelihood of any jokers being used is close to 0% as there is now 48hrs to get information and come back with a response.

Best of luck to the participants as it no longer or was it ever just one person doing the event. In short took the suggestions of forum events and sadly ruined it.

As for the time extensions where they there in the beginning if so they why not post it as a reward upon reaching a certain progression instead of making it look like the rules changed certain points in the event. This is just shady honestly.
0 x
[CM]Cerus

Re: Discussion: Even-Rules

Postby [CM]Cerus » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:06 am

Hello,
I have split this into a separate topic and would like to add my 2 cents as well.

The increase of time is intended as the questions become way more difficult and we believe some questions are hardly possible to answer within 24 hours during a working day. On the final run it is also intended that more players are engaged with the event, as it is hardly possible to answer it alone. When it comes to events, the idea is always to have multiple members participate (even though there is only one winner in this case).

Nevertheless, I have to admit that we have underestimated the participants at this point ... :)
I also agree that we should have mentioned at the beginning that the time extension would increase after the milestones...

This event is the first of its type, and we will take the oportunity and learn from it and of course adapt it in the future.

Cerus
0 x
[CM]Cerus
Tree of Life - Game Service Team

ImageImageImageImageImage
MadeOutOfBacon

Re: Discussion: Event-Rules

Postby MadeOutOfBacon » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:16 am

I can see your side of it as well Cerus, you got to make it still fair, I just feel the issue is, We are talking 50 gold on the line, that's more than enough gold to easily get max level tree and use it for other things.

I feel the prize potential is way to high, for such easy tactics. Increasing time just makes it easy to give out free gold at this point.
0 x
HerJaan

Postby HerJaan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:36 pm

MadeOutOfBacon wrote:I can see your side of it as well Cerus, you got to make it still fair, I just feel the issue is, We are talking 50 gold on the line, that's more than enough gold to easily get max level tree and use it for other things.

I feel the prize potential is way to high, for such easy tactics. Increasing time just makes it easy to give out free gold at this point.

ShadyHashtag wrote:This event has been the topic of a number of arguments. Some of which was if they wanted to do a knock off of who wants to be a millionaire they should have done it in discord and had things happen in one to two days with breaks. The event gave too much time and thus it was no longer just one person answering but their whole guild / friends. So it took away the sense of testing someones knowledge. The likelihood of any jokers being used is close to 0% as there is now 48hrs to get information and come back with a response.

Best of luck to the participants as it no longer or was it ever just one person doing the event. In short took the suggestions of forum events and sadly ruined it.

As for the time extensions where they there in the beginning if so they why not post it as a reward upon reaching a certain progression instead of making it look like the rules changed certain points in the event. This is just shady honestly.

True, this event accolades 50G for answering a bunch of questions that can be done in game. But here is the thing, it is supposed to be a group effort but in fact it's just us two doing all the work and answering the questions to be honest. A couple, with nothing more than the average base as of late. What was there to be ruined? We do not have the time to answer it thoroughly like others might simply due to the fact that we have school and the questions are even posted in the middle of the night. By the time we come home and or see the question, bam, 15 hours are simply already gone. Heaven, look how long I got back to this! Along with the fact that there is work and other lifelike responsibilities it simply doesn't make much sense. To say that jokers won't be used, actually, they were considered for a couple questions because as you can see we were barely scraping by with the time lol.

They did want to make it like the real Who wants to be a Millionaire and of course it may not be the exact mock representation of the TV series, true, but I guarantee you if it was done any other way where questions simply had to be answered on the spot or within a small frame of time, nobody would have even fathomed reaching the first checkpoint. Unless you explored every single nook and cranny of the game, have multiple characters with maxed out skills or have a photographic memory, nobody stands a chance of receiving 50G much less the 1 Silver. (Exaggerated, but you get the point). If the questions were based on the game in alpha or anything simpler, then answering on the spot should not have been any problem. In fact, there would not be much sense in starting off the rewards like 10 Bronze, 20 Bronze, with such small increments. If it was done that way, you might as well start high.

It is true that they could have posted the time extension ahead, but they are the moderators of the game and they see as best fit. I am sure anyone else in the situation would understand.

[CM]Cerus wrote:Hello,
I have split this into a separate topic and would like to add my 2 cents as well.

The increase of time is intended as the questions become way more difficult and we believe some questions are hardly possible to answer within 24 hours during a working day. On the final run it is also intended that more players are engaged with the event, as it is hardly possible to answer it alone. When it comes to events, the idea is always to have multiple members participate (even though there is only one winner in this case).

Nevertheless, I have to admit that we have underestimated the participants at this point ... :)
I also agree that we should have mentioned at the beginning that the time extension would increase after the milestones...

This event is the first of its type, and we will take the oportunity and learn from it and of course adapt it in the future.

Cerus

It's nice that you guys are hosting events of the sort. 50G may seem like a lot and an overwhelming amount of money to anyone but I mean as you said events like these are first of their kind. It may be only fair to repeat the same kind of event in the future and not change it for others as well because many might see that to be a problem.
Regarding the artwork, I feel like a lot of the lineaments within game goes unnoticed.
We definitely appreciate any extended time that was given to us as it was needed. Thank you for that!
Also, just a question, do you guys CM's create the questions or do you get them from the Korean dev team?
They are a very nice handful of questions nonetheless ;)
1 x
MadeOutOfBacon

Postby MadeOutOfBacon » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:55 pm

I guess, I really just look at it like this.... A forum event makes you 10x more money than any of the in-game events that they have held.

The event where you had to find the GM's that were wanted and kill them, the winner of said event only made 6 gold total, and some of that was reimbursement for being teleported and killed by enemies.

Granted some other players made gold as well, but the person that killed the GM's the most only made out with 6 gold, that is 3/25 or .12 of the total gold you guys can potentially win.

This forum game, you can ask anyone for help and people were helping by answering questions, this event doesn't take much skill as you can go to the community discord and ask for help, meanwhile the other Events have all been PVP based and had very little reward comparative to this.

Also I think the hardest question so far that I did not know from the top of my head was the one with the face, I didn't know about that, but that is the only one, go look at the picture, see humm that zone looks familiar go walk around for a little while in-game see the face, then answer the question. I don't feel that as hard.

I think the amount of money to be paid is absurd, and the fact that you keep getting more and more time, makes it too easy, if you were stuck to 24hours like all the other questions I would have no problem, because you got the lucky straw to be able to take on this challenge.

I feel the people that helped answer the question on the forums should also get some kind of reward for knowing the answer as well and posting it.

Overall, this event just makes to much gold for how simplistic it is, I think it's really going to give a huge advantage over the other factions no matter who won it, even if the person that got the chance was in my faction or even my guild, I would still be here thinking it would be unfair (granted would love to have a free 50gold, easy to get level 15 tree then.)
0 x
[CM]Cerus

Postby [CM]Cerus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:52 pm

Thanks for all the comments. They are all very valid concerns and will be considered in future. At the same time I have to say:

We agree that the max. reachable prize (50 Gold) is an insane amount of money, just like in the real TV show.
And just like in the real TV show, the final questions are supposed to be on a difficulty-level that, with the given conditions, it is very, very unlikely, or almost impossible for a candidate to reach this amount of money.

Did we manage to simulate the same increase of difficulty as you see in the real TV show? We will let the community decide about this. But we tried our best to do so :)

Yes, if someone manages to reach and answer the last question, then they will have no money-problems for a while anymore and can buy quite a lot of incredible stuff (again: Just like in the real TV show). It is meant to be a very rare case and we are surprised that HisPiu and her allies got this far on the first run. But it won´t get easier for them...

At the same time, it is our responsibility to take care of the balance of the game economy. And we are certain that even if 1 player receives 50 Gold, it will not affect the ingame economy significantly. Still, we will make sure to keep the balance and pushing 50 gold into the game every month will not happen.
0 x
[CM]Cerus
Tree of Life - Game Service Team

ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Event: Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?!”